The BOROUGH reserves the right to award the contract to that Proposer who will best
serve the interest of the BOROUGH. The BOROUGH reserves the right, based upon its deliberations and in its opinion, to accept or reject any or all proposals
SCOPE OF WORK
The following is what the BOROUGH is requesting.
1. Date of show: Monday July 4, 2016.
2. The Borough has a budget in the range of $7,000. to spend.
3. Display shall begin promptly at 9:00 pm local time.
4. The duration of the show shall be 30 minutes.
5. The CONTRACTOR will provide, deliver and secure fireworks to the designated point of fire area.
6. The CONTRACTOR will provide sufficient number of certified and experienced pyro-technicians to set-up and fire display.
7. The CONTRACTOR will provide written procedures outlining plans for delivery, set-up and discharge of fireworks display in response to variable weather.
8. In the event the show is completely canceled due to weather conditions, as determined by Borough Manager. The Borough reserves the right to reschedule or to completely cancel the display. CONTRACTOR is to outline in CONTRACTOR’s proposal what price, if any, CONTRACTOR may charge if show is completely cancelled due to weather conditions. NOTE: If there is a delay in the show start or a break in the show due to WEATHER conditions, no adjustment will be expected for that delay or break. The BOROUGH shall still require an adjustment for damaged or un-shot shells, even if there was a weather delay.
9. The CONTRACTOR will be registered with the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General.
The following issues should be fully responded to in your proposal in concise narrative form.
1. Fireworks will be launched from private property adjacent to Berwick Area School district football field (Crispin Field). All materials will adhere to regulations pertaining to fireworks shells and launch operator guidelines as stated in Pennsylvania Fireworks Law and NFPA.
2. A fully detailed plan of the display program: Include, at a minimum, the following information – total number of shells, number of shells per minute, including specialty colors (blue, white, shades of green, etc.) and size of shell, variety of shells and quality of shells.
3. Make special note of shells that would make the show unique. Note special effect shells and their effects. No ground displays are required.
4. Show amount of dead air time and length of show.
5. A detailed, concise action plan for delivery, inventory, communication with staff, set-up, display, clean-up of area and disposal of defective, damaged or unsafe shells. Include safety procedures.
6. The period of any resulting contract will be for ONE year (July 4th, 2016). The BOROUGH reserves the right to extend the contract for two (2) additional one (1) year terms providing all terms conditions and specifications remain the same, both parties agree to the extension, and such extension is approved by the BOROUGH.
7. Mark envelope 2016 SEALED FIREWORKS BID and submit to Berwick Borough 1800 N. Market Street Berwick, PA 18603
The CONTRACTOR shall carry at all times the following insurance coverage:
Worker's Compensation & Employer's Liability Insurance
Limits:Worker's Compensation - Statutory
Employer's Liability $100,000/$500,000/$100,000
Comprehensive General Liability Insurance
Limits:Combined single Limit Bodily Injury/Property Damage - $2,000,000
Automobile Liability Insurance – Combined Single Limit - $1,000,000
SEALED BIDS are due by
Monday, February 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM
1800 N. Market Street
Berwick, PA 18603